Sunday, May 17, 2009

CHECK it out!

Aiden is excited and all ready to go for a bike ride with his daddy...just look at his expression!Waving goodbye to me!They must have circled around and around for over a half an hour. Aiden didn't want it to ever stop...He loved every second of it! Drina also got to take a ride but I didn't have the camera out yet... There they go!


Daniel and Aiden coming down the hill behind our house! We live pretty close to the mountain. You can't even see the snowy, rocky peak from where we live, you have to drive 10 miles away from the mountain just to be able to see it! Look at them go!

Daniel has been riding his bike to work every day for about 6 weeks now. I think he really likes it. He told me, one day, the neighbor was at the stop sign on our street (just 10 houses down or so) when Daniel got on his bike...within a couple of blocks Daniel overtook him, without even trying. He was happy that riding his bike really isn't any slower than driving in a car! I like that we are saving more money on gas. We have been keeping out an eye for a bike for me but haven't found anything yet, as we are looking for something used. Funds have been used for a zoo pass and a year pool pass. The zoo is in the Cheyenne mountains you can see from our back yard. You can see our house from the zoo but you can't really see the zoo from our house.
Sorry, I seem to have gone off on a tangent...where was I? Oh, so I don't have a bike yet, but it IS yard sale season so hopefully (cross my fingers) I can find one soon so we can go on family bike rides. The kids love it so much and the weather is finally getting nice! I know you people (ahem...them ones in warmer places...) have been enjoying the weather for a while.
It is starting to warm up (finally) here and most of the leaves are out on the trees. I still have to bring all of my plants in and out every day...or plead with Daniel to bring them in when I remember at midnight, hehe!
Back to the bike thing...Everyone at Daniel's work thought he would have given up riding his bike after the first couple of days, just like everyone else seems to, but he hasn't and I'm really glad for it as we only have one car. He likes the fact that he has proved everyone wrong...like, "haha, you thought I was gonna quit, so there!"
Our church hours have changed to the afternoon because they switched us to a new building. Some areas are growing and some are shrinking because of the price of housing in certain areas. The surrounding Fort Carson area, and our ward, is in the shrinking area. It was hard to find out that we would be switching buildings...but on the upside, we are only a 5 minute drive from church now as opposed to a 20-25 minuted ride...
A lot of the time I get upset or just uncomfortable about things changing or not being what I expect on the outside when I should just accept what the Lord has given us because almost 100% of the time it turns out to be a really big blessing in our lives! It probably had happened hundreds of times...and still I haven't learned!
We are some of the most blessed people there are...especially if we focus on the fact that we "have been given much" and keep the commandments to the best of our abilities!




No comments: