I was just reading on Springsbargains.com and Carrie discovered that...
There is going to be a Free Homeschooling Workshop at East library where they will be teaching tools and techniques, as well as free resources available! The workshop is Wednesday September 2nd from 10am to 2pm and there is still plenty of room for registration! They will also have a panel of homeschooling parents as well as children who have been homeschooled to talk about the experience. Click HERE to find out more
I have been planning on homeschooling for quite some time now and I thought about it for a long time before coming to a decision. Mostly, I didn't want to have to give up my "free" time when the children would be in school, but it's worth it to me!
I have been planning, and searching the internet, and talking to my sister Amanda who teaches preschool about what I need to do and for tips on teaching. I am very excited about going to this workshop! It is going to be 4 full hours of learning and the librarian who talked to me about it was very excited about the program. She said I might even come back with tips for my sister, instead of the other way around!
It seems like back in Virginia (Bayside ward) there were a lot more people who were going to homeschool their children. I kind of feel isolated here because no one I know is planning on doing it. :-( Lol
I'm so excited!
10 Family-Friendly Halloween Activities
5 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment