Saturday, January 23, 2010

What are the odds?


President Uchtdorf! Need I say more?

Daniel and I were invited to see him speak in a room of about 1,200 people last night. I was floored that we got invited, since Pres. Uchtdorf wasn't even meeting with local priesthood leaders or anything!
After his talk we were invited downstairs with a group of 50 or so and he talked and answered questions for another hour and a half. Most of the questions people asked were things that I would never have thought to ask but were things I really needed to know.
I am trying to commit to memory all of the advice he had for us military wives, so I can use it in the months ahead. We are so close to the next deployment, and Daniel's personal items ship out to Iraq on Wednesday...


Some of the things that he said, really struck me. He said, (something along the lines of) "the darkest days of your life are often followed by some of the best." I have faith that that will be true. He also gave some really helpful advice on how to help our husbands, spiritually and emotionally, while they are away.
He kept reiterating that we must keep the commandments and have a current temple recommend and that will give us protection. It's that simple and it's that difficult at the same time.

Thank you Elder and sister Fairhurst for helping make this possible for us!

No comments: