Monday, October 27, 2008

Entrenched

Since the days have been getting shorter and shorter, the kids are now going to bed at 6pm (yup! Down from 630) , which is beyond amazing! It has freed up so much time for me to get things done. When Daniel first deployed I made my "list" of all the things I was hoping to accomplish while Daniel was away. Having all of this time helped me prioritize and get started.

This weekend Daniel's cousin, Mary, is getting married. We are planning on driving to SC beginning on Friday morning. I am thinking about packing some DVDs to keep Aiden entertained. It will be nice to get to see his family, most of them I haven't seen since my wedding!

We recently found out that I put down the wrong date on our housing application for Fort Carson. Instead of putting Feb 1, I put Jan 1. And as military people find out very quickly, the housing office (no matter where you go) isn't a place you can really contact (the phone is busy constantly, I have gotten through 2X ever!) and there are tons of regulations they have. So I'm not sure I will be able to switch the application date without resubmitting the application. We have been on the waiting list for at least 6 months already. This means I could have to leave an extra month early so I don't lose the house :-(

Things have really settled into a routine now and I am loving it! Consistency is something I have always strived toward in my life. Things will be all topsy turvy when Daniel gets back for a while and I am looking forward to the challenge. Sometimes it seems like I dreamed our life up..it has been so long since he's been around, like things couldn't possibly be as good as I remember them being. I'm not sure if others see us as being a good match but he is so perfect for me. He helps me to not take myself so seriously and can always make me laugh. I feel like I am someone else when I am with him, someone I can only be when I am with him. I don't even need to talk, its like he can read my mind. When we are together we end up laughing so much. I love how we are his first priority and how he wants pictures more than anything else when I send him a package.

He will be home in 3 1/2 months! I still can't believe that it is really drawing to an end. I have NEVER been this excited for anything in my life. My heart just swells thinking about being a whole family again, the way we're supposed to be...

This is an adorable video of Audrina about 2 weeks ago. I finally got the adapter piece for my computer and could upload all of my videos off the camcorder. Yay!

No comments: