I had so many RAVE reviews about my White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake recipe that I made for Thanksgiving so I decided to share the recipe. I got this recipe from my Family Circle magazine last year but this was the first time I've made it.
If you make this cheesecake for the holidays it is guaranteed to outshine everything else on the table!
If you make this cheesecake for the holidays it is guaranteed to outshine everything else on the table!

White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake
Yield: 1 9-inch cheesecake
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 50 minutes
Cool: 1 hour
2.) In a medium bowl, combine crumbs with butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
3.) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just blended after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate , cranberries, (I would set some aside and swirl them into the top of the cake for a more attractive look) and orange zest (and juice). Pour into prepared pan.
4.) Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until center is almost set. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
5.) Garnish with topping and additional cranberries and zest, if desired.
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 50 minutes
Cool: 1 hour
- 1 1/4 cups Oreo baking crumbs or chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used fresh ones, minced small)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest ( I also added 2 tablespoons of orange juice for more flavor)
- Garnish: Cool Whip, dried cranberries, and orange zest
2.) In a medium bowl, combine crumbs with butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
3.) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until just blended after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate , cranberries, (I would set some aside and swirl them into the top of the cake for a more attractive look) and orange zest (and juice). Pour into prepared pan.
4.) Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until center is almost set. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
5.) Garnish with topping and additional cranberries and zest, if desired.
Note: Daniel didn't like the Oreo crust very much...he would have preferred that I went with plain graham crackers...I, on the other hand, thought the chocolate flavor of the Oreo crust perfectly set of the white chocolate in the cheesecake. Maybe next time I make it there will be half of one crust and half of another!
This cheesecake goes perfectly with a steaming mug of Hot Cocoa and I just found the BEST ever tasting hot cocoa I have ever TASTED or MADE! I was geeked! (to steal an Angelism)
This recipes is SOOO good I would give the recipe away as Christmas gifts, lol!
Creamy Hot Cocoa
(This is undoubtedly the best, creamiest hot cocoa I have ever tasted...this is one recipe that doesn't need to be modified at ALL!)
(This is undoubtedly the best, creamiest hot cocoa I have ever tasted...this is one recipe that doesn't need to be modified at ALL!)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 pinch salt (about 1/8 tsp)
1/3 cup boiling water
3 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1.) Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Blend in the boiling water with a whisk. Bring the mixture to a low boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes Watch very carefully that it doesn't scorch!
2.)Stir in 3 1/2 cups of whole milk and heat until very hot but do NOT boil!
3.) Remove from heat and immediately add vanilla.
4.) Divide cocoa between 4 mugs (it makes about 3 mugs for me since mine are very large). Add about 1/8 cup of the half-and-half cream to each mug to cool it to drinking temperature.
I garnished it with whipped cream piped out of a bag and added a dash of chocolate powder to the top...it looked (almost) as good as it tasted. All four of us that tried it when I made it the other night agreed that it was (hands down) the best hot cocoa any of us have ever tried!
3/4 cup sugar
1 pinch salt (about 1/8 tsp)
1/3 cup boiling water
3 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1.) Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Blend in the boiling water with a whisk. Bring the mixture to a low boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes Watch very carefully that it doesn't scorch!
2.)Stir in 3 1/2 cups of whole milk and heat until very hot but do NOT boil!
3.) Remove from heat and immediately add vanilla.
4.) Divide cocoa between 4 mugs (it makes about 3 mugs for me since mine are very large). Add about 1/8 cup of the half-and-half cream to each mug to cool it to drinking temperature.
I garnished it with whipped cream piped out of a bag and added a dash of chocolate powder to the top...it looked (almost) as good as it tasted. All four of us that tried it when I made it the other night agreed that it was (hands down) the best hot cocoa any of us have ever tried!




1 comment:
mmmmmm...can't wait to try both recipes!! They sound soooo good, especially together=) Thanks for sharing!!
P.S. I added you to my blog =)
Post a Comment