Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Are We or Aren't We?

I feel like it has been forever since I posted a blog...and the longer I go without writing the harder it is to begin again! Here are some pictures from whenmy sister Angel and her boyfriend Andrew visited earlier this month. The pictures were taken a a place called Garden of the Gods which is just up the road for us!
The view of our mountains from Garden of the Gods...absolutely fantastic!


Group photo!
Speaking of Angel...we were supposed to be going to visit her around the 19th of July to see her off on her second deployment. But...Uncle Sam has other plans for us I guess.
Well, let me go back a little bit, Daniel was supposed to have training over the 4th of July, then he wasn't supposed to, then he was, then he wasn't. Anyone who deals with the Army might understand this scenario. So for a while now he hasn't been supposed to go but yesterday Daniel comes home and tells me that he is leaving on Tuesday (he will be here for the 4th) and that he will be gone for the next 2 weeks and we won't be able to go see Angel off! It's really important to both Daniel and I to be there to say goodbye to her.
So our only other plan of action to see her is to head up to South Dakota (she lives right by Mt. Rushmore) this weekend for the 4th. And I don't even feel like I can start making official plans because the Army might change things on us again! I have heard that the 4th of July is the time of year to be in Angel's town...so that will be really nice. Hopefully Daniel will have some more details for me when he gets home tonight and I will be able to start planning in earnest.
Don't get me wrong either...I'm not complaining about getting to take a vacation, I love vacations, if anyone really knows me they know that Daniel and I tend to take many, very nice vacations pretty often, right Ang? I just wish I knew what to do right now!
Also when Daniel goes to his training in Texas...we need to know if he is going TDY, which means he will be getting paid a lot more for going and we will be able to afford for me to come down too and possibly visit my sister Amanda in Houston and possibly visit San Antonio (I love it there!)
Hmmm...maybe we will know soon!

No comments: