We are safely here in Colorado after a VERY long drive. Thank heaven for my MIL driving with me, it made the trip a million times better! On the second day of our trip we drove directly through the huge ice storms in Kentucky and West Virginia that left thousands of people out of power. It was a bit slippery especially with my huge trailer on my car. The storm put ice on everything! It was so beautiful! Everything looked like it had been coated in crystal and it sparkled like nothing I had ever seen as the sun rose! I got some pictures and I am hoing (X cross my fingers X) that they turn out!
I thought there would be tons of snow as we drove further out west but the opposite happened. It got warmer and the snow disappeared. I am very thankful in retrospect because we didn't have to worry too much about tracking mud and snow into the house because of the snow. It was lmost 70 one day this past week! I was definitely not expecting this! It is going to be getting pretty cold real soon here.
I like the house, it has definitely grown on me quite a bit since we arrived. Tina, Angel, and I have been working double-time since we got here putting up pictures and organizing furniture and trying to get things organized. We still have an overwhelming amount of stuff to do. Our backyard faces out towards the mountains and we have a hill right outside of our fence in the back which is going to be perfect for sledding and it is sooo close!
A few days later...Daniel's here! His homecoming ceremonywas at 2:45pm yesterday. It was all terribly exciting! Here are the pictures I've been promising.Before we left VA
Getting fitted for his suit

On the way to CO, the town was COVERED in ice!

Beautiful...I took this as the sun was rising

Further west...no trees as far as the eyes can see!

Taking a break

Playing with his cars

Audrina didn't want to get back in the car

Auntie Angel and Drina



Painting...day 1




He's coming HOME!

In the parking lot before the ceremony! The car is all decked out!


Going to our seats!

Watching and waiting

Playing with her flag


Home of the BRAVE!

He's almost here!

Daniel's in the front row!

In my arms again!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Out of focus yet amazing!

Aiden and daddy home, playing!
I have to take a ton more photos of the house and everything but I feel pretty accomplished to have finally put up some of these pictures. Hope you enjoyed.
3 comments:
I'm so glad you made it safe. What a trip, especially through the ice storm. Those pictures were really cool! I'm so happy for you that your hubby is home. I'm sure everyone will be excited to see your new place once you get all settled! Take care and we miss you here, but we're glad you made it safe! ;)
i bet that your happy now sis... i hope you have fun with Daniel, and the kids:-)
oh, i loved the pictures! i'm so glad he's home for you!! can't wait to see more pics. can't wait to be able to take some of my own, too! :)
Post a Comment