Friday, February 27, 2009

The past couple of weeks since Daniel came home have been amazing! Both my sister Angel and Daniel's mom were here for his homecoming. Angel stayed a couple of days afterward and then headed home to Ellesworth AFB in SD, which is only 6 hours away! We are def. planning lots more trips this summer! Daniel's mom stayed for about a week after Daniel got home. It was really great having her be here and getting to see Daniel. It allowed us to be able to go on dates...among other things! It's so nice to be able to get dressed up more often and do fun things! Nothing like having the husband be back!
When Daniel was still in Iraq we walked about doing some hiking when we got back here. We have gone 2 separate times, once for about two miles (carrying the kiddos in packs) and the other time for 4 miles. The weather is almost always sunny here and it has been amazingly warm! We hope to do more hiking this weekend, there are probably hundreds of trails within miles of here!
We read about a place about an hour from here that we would like to go to. It is a 12 mile hike up a mountain. On the top of the mountain there is a beautiful lake where you can go camping! It sounds like so much fun! We are hoping to go there later this summer when its nice and warm and Angel (and anyone else) can come. Maybe even bring some fishing poles?! I would also like to visit the Manitou cliff dwellings and the natural hot springs this summer too!
When Daniel's mom was here she fitted me perfectly and altered the PERFECT dress for Daniel's Army ball coming up in April. I am soooo excited about it! A reason to dress up really nice and get my hair and nails done, lol! I am going to post pictures of the dress sometime soon... it is just so beautiful!
We are leaving in 2 weeks to go to Florida and go to Disney! I am getting pretty excited now! Daniel and I still have to get online and decide which rides we are going to go on! I am thinking the kids are really going to like it! Aiden has been maruting by leaps and bounds and I think he's ready for a real amusement park!
We celebrated our belated Christmas when Daniel came back. Daniel got me exactly what I wanted! I got the cricut expressions for my true Christmas and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! He also got me a heart rate monitor. Its not just a regular one though. it has GPS built into it so when we go hiking it maps out our trails so we don't get lost, it also tells me our pace and elevation (which I love knowing how many hundreds of feet we are up and down!), you name it and this machine can do it!
Daniel had requested tools for Christmas so he could start making stuff. He wants to make a toy box and shelves and so many other things! So I bought him and enormous 10-inch laser miter saw, a 19.2v cordless drill with the works, a bigger tool box, a power sander, a stud finder, and a nice big barbeque grill! We just went out yesterday and bought him a laser guided circular saw, which is the last thing he says he needs now. Its great now that he has nice tools. he has been fixing and installing everything! He put on the cupboard locks and installed the babygate and hung extra towel bars. Aiden loves helping him! They are like two peas in a pod!
Audrina really loves being with her daddy too. Its like she somehow knows that he is her daddy. When Daniel comes home both of their faces light up and Aiden says, Daddy!

Here are some pictures of our bedroom that Tina, Angel and I worked so hard on!






This one has the best view of the room!
These are picture of the living room and downstairs!


We made apple empanadas from scratch





We went hiking up in the mountains near our house. Here are the pictures from our second trip. The first trip we forgot our good camera, its a shame too because we hiked up to Helen Hunt waterfalls, which were really beautiful!
The only snow we could find!




That is Colorado springs in the valley!



Look how tiny the cars were. It made me feel a little sick looking down from such heights! It would be so fun to take these same trails with a mountain bike sometime!




Daniel and his momma!
Our new table!




This is the best shot of the dining room.



Going out for Vday!
Daniel using his new power tools! He's installing my baby locks for me!

Playing with his new firetruck!


2 comments:

Pam Emerson said...

Chancy, your house looks awesome! I remember you making those wall hangings-the "Family" and "Walker" They look so nice hanging up on the walls.
Man, I wish the weather was as nice here-it has been so chilly lately and might snow tomorrow. Yuck!
Its good to see that everything is going well. Good luck getting ready for your trip!

Pam

Nancy Patterson said...

The bedroom looks awesome, the rest of the house looks great you have made a very beautiful and comfortable home for your family and I'm proud of you!!! lots of LOVE MOM