Tonight for family night we went out to the Olive Garden and then took the kids to play in the play area at the mall. I know it's not exactly what one would consider a "traditional" family night but it's nice to switch things up once in a while.
When we were at Olive garden I ordered eggplant parmesan which is one of my absolute favorite dishes in this whole world! I usually really enjoy the dish but tonight it just wasn't the same. Daniel and I hadn't been to the Olive Garden in something like 2 1/2 years so it has been quite some time since I've had it. I remember the dish being fantastic...but nothing was "fantastic" tonight. It was pretty good but nothing special.
It took me a while to figure out why I wasn't impressed with anything, from the too salty bread sticks, to the highly acidic yet bland marinara sauce...
I think I have outgrown the Olive Garden!
I never thought this day would come...but let's be honest, the Olive Garden is a chain restaurant that puts out food in the masses to please the crowd a as whole and make as much profit as possible, sometimes sacrificing quality to do that.
I think any chain restaurants are not an option anymore....if I can make something 10x as good at home, with better, organic, and fresher ingredients for 1/3 of the price I may as well stay home.
I want a restaurant that can give me something I can't get at home...and I think that list of restaurants is shrinking rapidly. :-(
Oh well...it could be a lot worse ;-)
---Daniel agreed with me on all of this as well...I guess he's gotten too used to my cooking!




No comments:
Post a Comment