Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Camping and more :-)

We went camping at Fort Carson's campground the other weekend and had a blast, aside from one little yellow jacket :-) We had the whole place to ourselves too, which has never happened to us before!
Here are some pictures from our trip!

He's a little too tall for this house, don't you think?


This is about a 1/4 mile from the campsite, it's a place called O.K. Corral and it's on Fort Carson too. The kids loved playing on everything and I loved taking pictures of them. I am still so grateful to the person who helped me find and buy my camera!
I love this shot of Aiden!
She loved the bottles of water we had!



I love it when I catch him walking from the side :-) He was out exploring!

Daniel rolling up the tent.



Helping to gather firewood, too bad it was still alive!
The view from our campsite

My favorite!

Once we got home we thought it would be a good idea to give the kids some ice cream cones...outside of course!

They loved ever bit of it and asked for more when they were done!

Fruit has been super on sale lately so I made a fruit tart. I even made the crust from scratch and I am veeeeeerrrrrryyyy slowly improving on it. This one at least didn't look like a patchwork pie crust like most of the ones I have made in the past are. Oh, and it was very yummy!
I love sweets so I went ahead and made my first blueberry pie from scratch and it looks pretty darn good, it tasted fantastic too! I am adding this recipe to my favorites, no more frozen or premade blueberry pie for me...I am a changed woman!
These are the first two jars of jam (or anything) I have ever canned! I love knowing exactly what went into my food. I found a great recipe and didn't even have to use pruit pectin in it, just strawberries and sugar. I'm ready to make some grape jelly sometime this week too. I can't believe how great the stuff turns out when you make it yourself!
-Chancy

No comments: