This has been an eventful week! We had lots of Dr. apts as we're trying to do everything before going on vacation for a month! Monday we went hiking again. The weather was amazing. It was well into the 70s and the sun here is pretty intense, plus we were carrying the kiddos, so we got pretty hot. Luckily we brought lots of water. I didn't take any additional pictures, we brought the camera, but I didn't take it out at all. We ended up hiking 5 miles up some pretty intense inclines with lots of switchbacks. It smells so nice up in the mountains and everyone we meet is really friendly, and surprised to see that we are both carrying a child.
Daniel wanted to try his hand at wood working. He liked a shelf from target.com and used it as his inspiration. It was cheaper than the shelf from the store, it's bigger, and it real wood. He just finished it and hung it tonight. t took us quite some time putting different pices on it to see what went. I think we figured it out, but it might take me a few days to decide if I like it.
I started my menu planning quite a few months ago to help save money on groceries and I am really loving it. We write down everything we are going to eat for a week, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. It helps me not to buy anything extra (we had a lot o food go bad on us) and I don't make the same things over and over again. Every week I am trying 2 or 3 new recipes! Which is good for me because I was in a bit of a rut while Daniel was deployed. This week I made cinnamon rolls totally from scratch, yeast and all! I also made quiche for the first time tonight and it turned out amazing. Aiden had two entire plates, as did Audrina and Daniel.
On a random note, Daniel taught Aiden his lfet and right hands this week. He leaned them in about two minutes flat! He probably knows them better than some adults, lol. He is also being night potty trained now, so no more diapers. I'm hoping it goes well. He wakes up when he has to go but he doesn't always make it to the bathroom in time. We will see!
Daniel and I picked up a few more things for the house today and have been playing around with the house seeing how well everything goes. It is starting to feel more and more like home! I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm done??? Maybe work on my unfinished cross stitching projects for the kids room? I need to find some really good books...maybe I'll try some of Stephenie Meyer's favorite novels?? Hmm...
The only picture I have from Hiking on Monday and this was taken before we even left the house!
The quiche I made tonight :-P




No comments:
Post a Comment