Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yikes!


Last night I dreamed...

Daniel and I were both in the Army so that we could be together. Daniel was deployed to Iraq and I (soon afterwards) was also told that I would be going to Iraq.

I had to find someone to watch my kids for 6+ months. My mom said she would watch them but it absolutely killed me to leave Aiden and Audrina behind. The guilt and feeling of being powerless over my life swept over me!

Once I got to Kuwait, waiting to be moved into Iraq, I would spend every single second I had free calling Aiden, Audrina and my mom to make sure everything was going OK.

This dream took me into the depths of sadness and has given me a newfound respect for all that Daniel does for us! This dream showed me what he goes through and it hurt me deeply to have a glimpse of what he goes through every time he leaves us.




I can't wait for my next "Welcome Home" hug!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Even though I'm not from the States, I've got so much respect towards people who serve their country abroad.